Closed garbage bags can be thrown away in the green containers in our building. If you have something larger to dispose of, follow the link below and the municipality of The Hague will collect it.
The municipality collects bulky waste and large garden waste free of charge. Bulky waste is household waste that does not fit in a container, mini container (kliko) or garbage bag. Or waste that is too heavy for this. There are 5 types:
- Metal such as a clothes horse or bicycle.
- Large garden waste that does not fit in the organic waste container. For example prunings and branches. This is only collected separately during the branches route. The rest of the year you can register garden waste as ‘other bulky waste’ (see point 5 below).
- White goods (refrigerators, washing machines, freezers, dishwashers and dryers) and brown goods (visual and audio equipment such as a TV or CD player).
- Mattresses that are still intact are collected separately so that they can be recycled. That is only possible if the outside is not broken. For mattresses that are still intact, choose the ‘mattress’ option. You can register a broken mattress as ‘other bulky waste’ (see point 5 below).
- Other bulky waste such as a sofa, chairs, cupboards, wooden planks, broken mattresses, plastic toys or garden chairs. And other waste that does not belong to the species above.
- unfortunately that part of the The Hague municipality site is in Dutch